Getting started with DuraCloud is as easy as following the simple steps outlined below...
- Create a DuraCloud account by subscribing today (if you're not ready to subscribe, apply for a trial account);
- Determine which cloud storage providers you would like to use to store your content (you can choose from Amazon and/or Rackspace); and
- Transfer content, of any format, you would like to backup and store in DuraCloud (through the web interface, the upload utility, and/or the standard apis).
DuraCloud is the only service that allows you to load your content with one click and then have it automatically stored on multiple cloud providers.
And don't forget, DuraCloud keeps your content safe by…
- Checking your content to make sure nothing was lost or changed during the transfer. This check is done by calculating the checksum value for each individual file that you transfer to DuraCloud.
There is so much more to do with your content once it's in DuraCloud, such as…
- Viewing your content
- Checking the integrity of your content, any time you want
- Streaming video and audio files
- Embedding content in your own applications
- Replicating some or all of your content to another storage provider